The use of laser dentistry is becoming better-known among patients, though its spread among dentists is somewhat slow. The cost of introducing lasers into a dental practice can be considerable, but the benefits present for patients make the sacrifice well worth it. Dental lasers allow for treatment that delivers highly effective results, positive periodontal prospects, and precise dental work without compromising the way the patient feels in the dental chair. With their wide range of applications, dental lasers are becoming the contemporary scalpel – all while improving upon what the scalpel had to offer.
Dental Lasers at Cherrywood Dental
Our practice uses the Denmat Sol Laser, a soft tissue diode laser. This laser is appropriate for use in any procedure that affects your gums. Some of the most common uses for a soft tissue laser include
- Taking biopsies to diagnose problematic tissues and identify oral cancer
- Hemostasis, or stopping tissue from bleeding
- Treatment/removal of canker sores (aphthous ulcers)
- Gingival recontouring to lessen a gummy smile
- Tooth root debridement, or removal of plaque and dead tissue to assist in treatment of periodontal disease
- Frenectomies, procedures in which a piece of tissue attaching two areas of the mouth (such as the tongue to the mouth’s floor) is cut to provide easier movement
- Treatment/removal of abscesses
The Patient Experience During Laser Dental Treatment
Dental lasers alter tissue without causing patients the level of discomfort standard dental tools do. This is because
- Lasers are more precise
- Lasers are minimally invasive
- Lasers minimize bleeding
- Lasers reduce the need for anesthesia
- Lasers minimize the presence of bacteria
- Lasers can stimulate new tissue growth
These factors combine to make for comfortable treatment, speedy post-op healing, and an overall positive patient experience. Those fearful of dental treatment have the added advantage of a dental laser’s soothing, non-threatening appearance and sounds.
Soft Tissue Dental Lasers’ Full Range of Applications
- Excision and incision of biopsies
- Hemostatic assistance
- Treatment of aphthous ulcers
- Gingival incision and excisions
- Gingival troughing
- Gingival recontouring
- Tissue retraction for impressions
- Oral papillectomies
- Sulcular debridement
- Sulcular tissue removal
- Removal of granulation tissue
- Abscess incision and draining and excisions
- Removal of fibromas
- Soft tissue crown lengthening
Contact our office to learn more about laser dentistry, or schedule your next procedure. You’ll be thrilled with both your treatment and its results.
Woodbridge Laser Dental | Woodbridge Laser Dental Treatment | Woodbridge Laser Dentist
Request An Appointment
I love to smile now ever since Dr. “B” did a great job on my teeth.
I love to smile now ever since Dr. “B” did a great job on my teeth. I am getting use to all the complements also. Dr. B is a sensitive and caring dentist. He and hi lovely wife make a great team! They make you feel comfortable enough that you ...