Dental veneers are a highly versatile dental restoration. While other dental prosthetics are appropriate for rebuilding significant amounts of tooth structure, veneers can accomplish nearly any type of cosmetic adjustment. Whether you seek to correct a slight imperfection in your smile, or are hoping to transform the appearance of your front teeth, we will use veneers to achieve nearly any result.
The Best Porcelain Veneers For Our Patients
Porcelain veneers are superior in their durability, thinness, and ability to mimic light in the way natural tooth enamel does. Our dentists wanted to provide patients with the best possible porcelain veneers, to make treatment as pleasant as possible. Enter Lumineers.
Dr. Barzgar has been providing Lumineers for the last eleven years, and is skilled with the delicate placement and contouring. Our Lumineers smiles are so natural they are indistinguishable from regular teeth.
The Lumineers Difference
As Lumineers are thinner than their veneer contemporaries, they allow for a simplified veneer procedure, and produce more enhanced results than standard porcelain veneers. Some of the most striking differences include:
- Shot-free, painless treatment – Lumineers are so thin that your natural teeth may not need reduction in order to make room. This means your appointments are anesthesia-free, and you spend no time numb. Moreover, your natural teeth remain fully intact beneath your veneers.
- Quick treatment – With minimal tooth reduction, you spend less time in the dental chair. Your first appointment will simply consist of taking a precision mold of your teeth and deciding on the shape/shade of your Lumineers. At your second and final appointment, your new veneers will be bonded to your teeth and gently adjusted so that they look perfect.
- Durability – With proper care, Lumineers can last over 20 years.
- Permanently whiter teeth – Your veneers will cover any discoloration and eliminate the need for whitening. You may have your Lumineers made in a slightly whiter shade than your natural teeth for a permanent, effort-free whiter smile.
- Reduced tooth sensitivity – Lumineers act as a new layer of enamel. If you’ve struggled with tooth sensitivity, they will protect your teeth and make you much more comfortable.
Compare Lumineers and Traditional Veneers
|LUMINEERS BY CERINATE Technique||TRADITIONAL VENEERS Technique|
Teeth are stained, slightly misshapen with spaces in-between. An impression is made and the mold is sent to the Cerinate Smile Design Studios where only Lumineers are crafted.
Teeth appear stained and slightly misshapen. An impression is made and sent to a lab.
|No Uncomfortable Tooth Preparation
On your next dental visit, the dentist tries in Lumineers to ensure a good fit. Teeth are moderately etched to prepare for placement but there is no removal of sensitive tooth structure. The Lumineers are bonded to natural teeth and set in place with a curing light.
|Traditional Veneer Tooth Preparation
Anesthetic shots are given to numb the area and teeth are severely shaved away with a drill to accommodate the veneers.
|Only 2 Visits
In only 2 easy dental visits, your patient will
have a permanently whiter and beautiful
smile without shots or drilling.
|Potential Discomfort After
A better, but still flawed smile, as the procedure is not reversible like Lumineers because the original teeth have been shaved down causing your patient discomfort immediately after the procedure.
The traditional veneers process:
Traditional veneers are sometimes referred to as crowns or caps. These porcelain sleeves are placed over your teeth through a process that can demand the extensive grinding down of healthy tooth structure. This can require shots and many long dentist appointments.
Temporary crowns are placed on your teeth while your traditional veneers are made, it can take months before your veneers are ready. Your temporaries are then removed, which also may require shots and needles, and your permanent veneers are inserted. Sometimes additional appointments are required to ensure that your bite is correct.
Smile Solutions with Simple, Proven Techniques
Unlike traditional veneers, with Lumineers there’s no shots, no drilling of sensitive tooth structure. That’s because these specialized veneers are ultra-thin, so they can simply be placed over your existing teeth.
Of all our cosmetic dental services, Dr. Barzgar and Dr. Pakpour find Lumineers to be one of their favorites. Discover what they could do for your smile. It all begins with a phone call to our office.
Greenbelt Lumineers | Greenbelt Veneers | Greenbelt Porcelain Veneers
Request An Appointment
I love to smile now ever since Dr. “B” did a great job on my teeth.
I love to smile now ever since Dr. “B” did a great job on my teeth. I am getting use to all the complements also. Dr. B is a sensitive and caring dentist. He and hi lovely wife make a great team! They make you feel comfortable enough that you ...