Get a Brighter & Whiter Summer Smile with Teeth Whitening
Summertime is coming, and nothing says summertime like a big, white, shining smile to go along with your new bathing suit. Summer is also a great time to get the kids to the dentist while they are out of school, and you don’t have the scheduling conflicts with appointments that may happen during the school year.
Common Reasons for Discolored Teeth:
There are quite a few reasons that people will experience discolored teeth. From the foods we eat to smoking cigarettes/chewing tobacco or drinking staining drinks like tea/coffee/etc., our teeth take quite the daily assault from substances that go into our mouths. Whitening treatments can help keep our teeth whiter and give us a smile we love.
Most stains fall into the two following categories:
- Extrinsic Stains: Extrinsic stains are the stains that are closer to the surface of the teeth, and it usually stains the surface of the enamel. These stains are often able to remove or correct. These are the most common stains caused by staining drinks like sodas/teas/coffees or even by smoking/chewing tobacco products. Some of the plaque build ups that lead to discoloration can get removed in your dentist office during regular appointments.
- Intrinsic Stains: Intrinsic stains are the stains that have worked their way deeper into the tooth. These stains discolor the dentin of the tooth and are much harder to remove. Prescription-strength mouthwashes can help clear up these deeper stains when they include chlorhexidine by reducing the amount of bacteria present.
Both extrinsic and intrinsic stains are unsightly and can ruin any summer smile. However, there are treatments for both types of stains, and you can get your bright smile back.
Professional Whitening Options:
Your dentist can provide you with a variety of whitening options to help restore your smile. Some of the options that you have for professional whitening include the following:
- Dental Veneers: Dental Veneers can give almost anyone a great smile and trails sets are available to make sure that you like what you will get. They will be able to be completely put on your teeth within two dental visits, so the process is quite quick as well.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is a dramatic improvement over your previous smile and newer teeth whitening treatments like KoR and Zoom are more effective than ever in removing even the hardest-to-remove stains to give you a smile that will glow.
- Invisalign: They may not work as rapidly as veneers, but they can help straighten your teeth while you transform your new summer smile. In a year, you will have a whole new smile with both straighter and whiter teeth. Who wouldn’t love that?
These are a few of the most common whitening treatments out there and will help give you a new, white smile in time for summer.
Ways To Keep Your Teeth White:
Keeping your teeth white can also be done on your own time through your own, developing better oral hygiene habits. Some of the following habits can help ensure that you are keeping your teeth whitened after your professional whitening treatment get completed:
- Avoid drinking sugar-filled drinks that eat through your tooth’s enamel such as sodas or high-sugar juices
- Limit coffees/teas (rinse with water afterward to stop teeth from staining)
- Eat a balanced diet including healthful foods that help naturally clean your teeth
- Maintain your 6-month visits with your dentist for professional cleanings
- Brush your teeth at least 2x per day (especially after meals)
- Floss once per day
These great tips will help you keep your teeth white as possible so that you have a white, bright summer smile every summer!
At Cherrywood Dental Associates, we strive to provide you with your best smile every day. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about your teeth-whitening option to bring your summer smile back today!
Request An Appointment
Dr. Barzgar is an excellent dentist
Dr. Barzgar was very professional and gentle. When I first came to his office to see Dr. Barzgar I had a major trust issue between dentist and patient from my past experiences. Dr. Barzgar is an excellent dentist, whose priority is making sure his...