Dental Implants: A Permanent Replacement
Modern dental restorations are both durable and beautiful. With the option of dental implants, you can have a replacement tooth which feels, functions, and looks like the original. At Cherrywood Dental, we create new foundations for your teeth with dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth permanently replacing a missing tooth. It is often made of titanium and bone-like components which can be compatible with the jaw and support a full denture. There are 2 types of dental implants: a subperiosteal implant is attached under the gum tissue via a metal frame while an endosteal implant is positioned directly into the bone. With your dental implants fused to your jawbones, they actually feel just like natural tooth roots.
Dental implants can replace any number of teeth from a single implant to a replacement of every tooth in both arches. At Cherrywood Dental, our office is unique in its potential to provide a same-day implant and restoration placement.
Benefits of Dental Implants
If you’re ready to replace missing teeth, our team at Cherrywood Dental is equipped to restore your smile as quickly as possible. Here are some of the benefits of dental implants:z
- An improvement in your overall oral health can be achieved with dental implants. Gaps caused by missing teeth are breeding grounds for bacteria which can lead to an increase in plaque, tartar, cavities and periodontal diseases such as gingivitis.
- An implanted tooth does not shift or slip, which allows you to have the same security and stability as the natural teeth.
- You can clean implants in the same way as the natural teeth. There is no need to take these units out at night for soaking or cleaning.
- Implanted teeth do not rely on other neighboring teeth for the right support. As a result, no tooth structure would be lost.
- Implants can prevent nearby teeth from shifting and preserve the contour of your face and jawbone.
- Implanted teeth are a great cosmetic solution to your missing teeth, providing you with a symmetrical gap-free smile and improved facial structure.
Healing Time for Dental Implants
The timeline for your procedure and recovery will, of course, depend on the amount of work required for your specific dental needs. Our team at Cherrywood Dental will help you plan out your schedule and discuss what can be expected during your recovery. Read more about an overview of what to expect during an implant healing process, and why the treatment time is as long as it is in order to have a successful implant. (internal link: )
Considering Dental Implants?
You may have many questions concerning the option of dental implants, especially the initial inquiry of whether or not you’re a likely candidate. Our staff at Cherrywood Dental can assist you in this decision process and evaluate your own special circumstance. We will review with you the conditions necessary to perform a dental implant procedure.
The cost of dental implants is an understandable concern for our patients. Most insurance companies including Medicare do not offer dental implant coverage. We’d be happy to discuss financing options that may be available to you for your dental care.
Let Us Fill in Your Smile
At Cherrywood Dental, our dentists pair dental implants with restorations to provide the stability that superficial restorations lack. Implants replace missing tooth roots and will support restorations for a lifetime. Our dentists have practiced implant dentistry for over 13 years and provide a unique same-day implant and restoration placement. Call or text us today to schedule your free consultation.
Request An Appointment
Dr. Barzgar is an excellent dentist
Dr. Barzgar was very professional and gentle. When I first came to his office to see Dr. Barzgar I had a major trust issue between dentist and patient from my past experiences. Dr. Barzgar is an excellent dentist, whose priority is making sure his...