Choosing the Best Dental Insurance for You
Many patients take advantage of dental insurance to improve their oral healthcare. At Cherrywood Dental Associates, we can answer any questions you have to help you understand the types of dental insurance that may be available to you, what you can expect insurance to cover, and how to choose the dental insurance plan that best meets your needs.
Types of Dental Insurance
There are several types to choose from. Some common dental insurance options include:
- Preferred Provider Organizations: a combination of traditional insurance and a contract between a group of dentists and a specific insurance company
- Indemnity Plans: most traditional form of insurance
- Dental Health Maintenance Organizations: insurance company provides dentists with a certain amount of money each month to apply to services
- Direct Reimbursement: patient pays full cost and is reimbursed after submitting the receipt
What Does Dental Insurance Typically Cover?
While dental insurance covers a wide variety of services, certain services are less likely to be covered than others. In most cases, patients can expect that the insurance will either fully or partially cover:
- Root canals
- Crowns and bridges
- Other preventative and diagnostic procedures
Some insurance companies are less likely to cover procedures that are considered to be cosmetic, rather than medically necessary. Many companies also set a maximum dollar amount that can be covered each year.
Choosing the Best Dental Insurance Plan
Because there are several types of dental insurance available, it is important for patients to compare the pros and cons of each option in order to select the plan that best fits his or her needs. Some factors to consider when choosing an insurance plan include:
- Cost of insurance
- Amount of total cost of services that are typically covered
- Ability to visit the patient’s preferred dentist
- Services that each plan covers
Financing Options at Cherrywood Dental Associates
At Cherrywood Dental Associates, we offer several financing options to best meet our customers’ needs. We work with Wells Fargo, CareCredit, and Lending Club Patient Solutions to provide 3-24 month payment plans to patients who do not have insurance or are looking for other options to pay for services.
Dental insurance makes it easier for many patients to receive the dental care they need. Contact Cherrywood Dental Associates today to learn more about our financing options or to schedule an appointment!
Request An Appointment
Dr. Barzgar is an excellent dentist
Dr. Barzgar was very professional and gentle. When I first came to his office to see Dr. Barzgar I had a major trust issue between dentist and patient from my past experiences. Dr. Barzgar is an excellent dentist, whose priority is making sure his...